Like most digital marketing processes, you could spend an entire career perfecting, editing, updating and launching SEO strategies just for one website. We’ve broken down the most important things to consider as part of your SEO plan that any decent SEO professional should be recommending to you.
- Crawling accessibility – The process in which the so-called robot or search engine crawls around the world wide web looking over code and content for each active URL they find. The content doesn’t just have to be a web page, it can be an image, PDF, or a video, but each piece of content must have a URL. Essentially you want to make sure that search engine robots have access to your site to read through and index your content effectively, or all that content will go to waste!
- Relevant content – Based on your new knowledge of your website visitors or target audience and what they might be searching for, you want to make sure you have a wealth of relevant content on your website that will deliver your pages top of the ranks. So when considering your content, it should be relevant to both your business goals and your target reader.
- Keyword optimised – Think of those search terms that users type into Google as ‘keywords’ – it’s like playing a game of snap if you can insert as many of these into your content as possible without it sounding like gobbledygook, then your organic search numbers will continue to grow over time.
- The user experience – Your website needs to be slick, fast at loading and generally user-friendly for the visitor to find exactly what they’re looking for without much hassle. You might risk ending up further down a Google search if not.
- Share-worthy content – Whether you encourage your website visitors to share articles on social media, share products with their friends or you insert links to partnerships – have a think about whether your content is worth sharing and if not, keep working on it.
- URL, Title & Descriptions – Your URL should be relevant and easy to spell, it can sometimes be beneficial for the product or business type to be part of the URL for example. Each page should also be relevantly and enticingly titled complete with a description of what the user might find on that page.
A good SEO marketing support team should be able to easily identify and support you on all of the above metrics when it comes to your website. They’ll probably want to work with you and your business quite closely to understand some of the challenges and help you to write relevant content if that really isn’t your strong suit.
Maybe you’re a craft maker and when it comes to designing a macramé wall hanging – you’re top of the class. But give you a pen or a keyboard and ask you to write a blog or web page about your design and you put it off for fear of getting it wrong!
That’s where activ can help support you on your small business mission. Click here to find out more about our SEO packages.